CQ Your Bias Workshop
The CQ® Your Bias virtual workshop takes a non-polarising, cultural approach to understanding implicit bias (often called unconscious bias) and explicit bias. Cultural diversity can be found around the world as well as within our own communities. Each person’s different cultural background and life experiences can lead to unconscious bias. Since we all have biases, this workshop teaches you how to recognise your own bias and that in policies and systems around you. The workshop also includes strategies for managing that bias to improve your interactions with others.
You Will Receive
Purchase Your CQ Your Bias Seat Now!
You will choose your date/time after purchase.
All times below are in local time. Registration for a session will close two days before the day of the session.
WORKSHOP AGENDA & OBJECTIVES
- Become familiar with facilitator, co-participants, and purpose of the workshop
- Recognise the relevance of cultural intelligence
- Be able to define “culture”
Mapping Cultural Diversity
- Understand ten cultural value dimensions
- Identify behaviours typically associated with each cultural value preference
- Develop awareness of the cultural value preferences of self and others
What’s Your CQ? Overview
- Develop an understanding of cultural intelligence
- Recognise the importance of cultural intelligence as a key capability for intercultural
What’s Your CQ Drive?
- Understand the importance of CQ Drive for intercultural effectiveness
- Reflect on CQ Drive scores and learn strategies for improvement
- Know how to apply CQ Drive
What’s Your CQ Knowledge?
- Understand the importance of CQ Knowledge for intercultural effectiveness
- Reflect on CQ Knowledge scores and learn strategies for improvement
- Know how to apply CQ Knowledge
What’s Your CQ Strategy?
- Understand the importance of CQ Strategy for intercultural effectiveness
- Reflect on CQ Strategy scores and strategies for improvement
- Know how to apply CQ Strategy
What’s Your CQ Action?
- Understand the importance of CQ Action for intercultural effectiveness
- Reflect on CQ Action scores and strategies for improvement
- Know how to apply CQ Action
- Apply knowledge about cultural values and CQ to a specific case study
- Understand leading practices for effective, diverse teams
CQ Action Plan
- Create an action plan for improving and applying CQ
- Be motivated to develop CQ in self and others
Contact us for group discounts.
Full payment is due upon registration and is non-refundable. However, we will allow a registrant the one-time option to transfer their registration to another available session within one calendar year, so long as written (email) notice is provided to the CQ Centre 5 days prior to the workshop start date. If a registrant provides less than 5 days’ notice of a transfer request, an administrative fee of £75 will be assessed.
If a registrant fails to attend a workshop and no notice is provided before the workshop starts, that individual will be considered a “no-show” and will not be eligible for a refund or to transfer that registration.
We reserve the right to cancel a workshop session 30 days out. Full refunds will be given if we do so.